“Origami Summer” Solo exhibit, First Plymouth Church (Pilgrim Hall Gallery) 2000 D Street Lincoln, NE 68502
August 15-September 29, 2018
Solo exhibit “Origami Farms and Fields,” Kimmel Gallery, Morton-James Public Library, 923 1st Corso, downtown Nebraska City, Nebraska
– Visit the home of ARBOR DAY during harvest season or for the Apple Jack Festival.
* Origami Workshops by Linda Stephen for ages 3+ at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday Sept. 22 during Apple Jack Festival; Free and open to the public.
– Library open M-Th. 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Fri. & Sat., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Closed Sundays.
August 23-September 22, 2018
Group exhibit “American Landscapes,” Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401. Includes “Recess at Freeman School, an origami landscape inspired by 1890s playground time at the one-room school in Beatrice, Neb.
* WINNER OF JUROR’S CHOICE AWARD – Recess at Freeman School
– Mon.-Sun. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
– Tel: 410 268 4566
October 6-7, 2018
Japanese Ambience Festival at Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha, Nebraska. A salute to sister city Shizuoka, Japan and the Japanese culture Saturday Oct. 6 and Sunday Oct. 7, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
– Linda Stephen origami art display 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily (inside) including landscapes of Lauritzen Garden tea house and red torii gate.
– Workshops by Linda Stephen on Japanese paper arts, Japanese handcrafted papers of the last 1300 years, and hands-on origami (free and open to the public, up to 100 guests) at 1 p.m. Sat. 10/6 and Sun. 10/6.
– Other events include Japanese martial arts, drums, tea ceremony and more. Most activities are free with garden admission or membership.
Linda Stephen Origami Art, Solo Exhibit, Nebraska East Union (Loft Gallery, 3rd floor), East Campus, 1705 Arbor Dr, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68503
– Open daily 8 a.m.-midnight
– Elevator access. Seating available in the gallery. Restaurants/coffee shop on lower level.
September 29-November 11, 2018
Group art exhibit “Water/Ways” with Smithsonian Museum on Mainstreet, Artworks in Big Rapids, 106 N. Michigan Ave., Big Rapids, Michigan. Includes “Rock Walking on Lake Huron” (3 feet x 4 feet) and “Seasons of Lighthouses” (14″ x 18″) in paper by Linda Stephen along with Don Stephen’s original latchhooking “Food Chain” (3 feet x 9 feet) and other Midwest artists. Curated by Pat Heeter.
– Open T-Fri. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Closed Sundays and Mondays
– Tel: 231-796-2420