2017 Exhibits and Events
Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art, downtown David City, NE
May 3-July 30, 2017
Group exhibit “150 Artists, 150 Artworks, 150 Years of Nebraska in Miniature”
Memorial Day Weekend Reception: Saturday May 27, 1-4 p.m.
Closing Reception: July 29, 4-6 p.m.
Celebratory sesquicentennial exhibition and sale. All original art sized 9″ x 11″ or smaller.
- Linda’s homestead-inspired “Osage Orange Hedgerow,” 3D paper bas relief is made from Japanese fabric papers and chigiri-e papers.
- Free admission; Open Wed.-Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun. 1-4 p.m., Thurs. 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Reach Bone Creek Museum at (402) 367-4488 or 575 E St. David City, NE 68632 (40 miles NW of Lincoln: I-80 exit #379, north 33 miles on hwy 15 to E Street, right 1.5 blocks)
Group exhibit “Music and Nature,” July 1-31
Focus Gallery, Noyes Art Gallery, 119 S. 9th Street, Lincoln, NE
Open Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Meet the Artists Reception: Friday July 7, 6-9 p.m.
- Linda will have three new music-themed origami landscapes and origami earrings
Solo exhibit, August 1-November 3
Immanuel Art Gallery, The Landing at Williamsburg Village, 3500 Faulkner Dr., Lincoln, NE
Hours: Open 7 days a week. Free and open to the public.
Gallery Curator: Dellouise Carroll
PAST IN 2017
FEBRUARY 1-28, 2017
“Everyday Joys” Solo Exhibit
Pilgrim Hall, First-Plymouth Congregational Church, 2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE, 68502
Origami collage landscapes celebrating Lincoln and beyond in every season. Gallery managed by Lucia Ann Hertzler.
FEBRUARY 20-MARCH 31, 2017
“38th Paper in Particular” National Juried Exhibition
Public Reception: Friday February 24, 7-9 p.m.
The Sidney Larson Gallery, Columbia College, 1001 Rogers St., Columbia, MO
Linda’s origami collage “The Dream,” 20″ x 24″, a homestead farm on the prairie in August, is one of the paperworks selected. Origami elements include a windmill, sod house, chickens, pigs, children walking, prairie grasses, yellow partridge pea and blue vervain prairie flowers.
Paper In Particular is a annual, juried exhibition held by the Columbia College art galleries. The exhibition showcases the very best in art that incorporates paper as a primary element. Prints, drawings, photographs, digital images, paintings, sculpture, etc., are all eligible.
The 38th Annual Paper In Particular exhibition will run from February 20 – March 31, 2017 in the Columbia College Sidney Larson Gallery. The judge is Ben Cameron, Professor Emeritus at Columbia College, MO where he taught painting, drawing and printmaking from 1974-2014. He started Paper In Particular 38 years ago.
Solo exhibit, March 1-31, 2017
Loft Gallery, 3rd floor, Nebraska East Union, 1705 Arbor Drive, East Campus, Lincoln, NE
Hours: Open 7 days a week
Gallery Manager: Reshell Ray
UNL Japan Festival, March 14, 2017
Origami with Linda Stephen, 3:30-5 p.m.
Heritage Room, Student Union, City Campus, 1500 S. Street, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588; Parking in nearby city parking garages on P or Q Streets.
– Presentation on Japanese paper arts (origami, chigiri-e, kirigami), Japanese paper history and Linda’s origami collage projects for clients around the world
– Hands-on origami practice led by professional artist Linda Stephen and assisted by UNL Japanese students: origami crane, origami boxes, modular origami, origami flowers