Facebook Live Storytime & Origami Fun May 16 2 p.m. at Local Bookshop
Meet local Lincoln authors and illustrators in May on Saturdays at 2 p.m. on the Facebook page of Francie & Finch Bookshop. Local picture book authors and illustrators will be reading their books LIVE on the Facebook page of Francie & Finch Bookshop. Event at www.Facebook.com/FrancieandFinch. Order these books before or after and read along!
Saturday May 2, 2020
Children’s book author Nichole Hansen will be reading her books “Sharky Dreams of Pizza” and “Kids Count.” Learn more about the author and her books at https://www.nicholehansen.com/index.html
– “Sharky Dreams of Pizza” – Sharks, pizza, and friendship. Ages 3-8.
– “Kids Count” – Ages 3-6. Written by Nichole Hansen and Tevin Hansen.
Saturday May 9, 2020
Children’s book author Nichole Hansen will be reading “Zany Can Do Anything” and “Bumblebee Sneeze”
– “Zany Can Do Anything” – Meet Zany the unicorn. Dream big, be yourself, work hard. Ages 3-10. By Nichole Hansen and Tevin Hansen.
– “Bumblebee Sneeze” – poetry for children, skateboarding to nighttime. By Nichole Hansen, illustrated by Tevin Hansen.
Saturday May 16, 2020
Author, illustrator and origami artist Linda Stephen will be reading The Day We Went to the Park, which features Holmes Lake Park and the wonders to be found on a trip to the park. This book by nationally award-winning paper artist Linda Stephen is illustrated with more than 1,000 origami paper sculptures.
DIY time, too, as artist/teacher Linda Stephen shares an origami paper-folding craft for all ages, too. Learn more about the author at TheDayWeWenttothePark.com or LindaStephen.com
– “The Day We Went to the Park” -Discover the wonder of a trip to the park in this origami picture book from paper artist Linda Stephen. Rhyming story by Linda Stephen and Christine Manno. Ages 3-10 (with art for all ages). BUY personalized, signed copy here.
Saturday May 23, 2020
Author and illustrator Karissa Bettendorf will be reading “Everybody’s Baby” and “Dreams.” See the charming watercolor illustrations by this Lincoln artist.
“Everybody’s Baby” – Welcome a new baby. Ages 3-8. By Karissa Bettendorf.
“Dreams” – Bedtime story of dreams for all ages. Written by Francis “Bud” Henderson. Illustrated by Karissa Bettendorf.
Saturday May 30, 2020
Nichole Hansen reading books by Nebraska authors with Handersen Publishing.
“How Rudy the Rooster Got His Voice” – Self-esteem and perseverance. Ages 3-8. Written by Gina Bittner and illustrated by Kelly Kingsley, Nebraska education professors.
“ABC Football” – Alphabet and football. Ages 3-8. Written and illustrated by Kelly Kingsley.
Read along, too! Support local authors and businesses. Order The Day We Went to the Park from the author for a signed, personalized copy. Or order these picture books anytime at FrancieandFinch.com for curbside pickup or online delivery. The local authors and illustrators featured are published by Handersen Publishing, a children’s book publisher headquartered in Lincoln.
Order books online or for curbside pickup at Francie & Finch bookshop 130 S. 13th St. For questions, call Leslie at Francie & Finch Bookshop, 130 S. 13th St. in Lincoln at (402) 781-0459.